As part of its effort to encourage student research, the Advanced Research Collaborative (ARC) will be offering a number of Research Praxis Fellowships for the coming academic year 2014-2015. The Awards are valued at $4,000 each and are for one semester only.
To be eligible, you must be a full time registered doctoral student who has completed the First Exam but not yet completed the Second at the time of the tenure of the award. Preference will be given to those who have been enrolled for no more than three years and who are in the early stages of the formulation of a research idea/proposal.
Students who accept this award will join an ARC student/faculty research cluster led by ARC Distinguished Visiting Fellows from within and without the CUNY system working in related areas and will be required to attend three (3) research praxis sessions during the semester. Preference will be given to students whose research interests are congruent with the research themes of the Distinguished Fellowship Program for 2014-2015. The themes are:
In addition to attending the three sessions above, Awardees will be required to do the following:
- Submit a research statement of approximately 10 pages to their ARC student/faculty research cluster at the end of the semester of their tenure.
- Attend the weekly ARC seminars for the semester of their tenure (approximately 15 seminars each Thursday 4.00 – 6.00 pm throughout the semester)
- Post a 400 word blog on the ARC student research website commenting on the issues raised in one of the seminars which they have attended.
Deadline for applying is April 14th, 2014. Students will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by April 28th.
The application requires the following:
- Application Form
- 1000 word Research Statement
- 2-page Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Unofficial student transcript (Banner copy)
- Signed Approval by Advisor and Executive Officer
- Recommendation letter from your adviser/faculty member (the letter can be deposited in the ARC Drop Box or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please upload your application as a SINGLE pdf file to the ARC Drop Box.
Use your GC login and password to access the dropbox.
Use the following format when naming the file: last name, first name, program, theme
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions about the application.