The PublicsLab and CUNY for Abortion Rights welcome you to an in-person gathering to learn and strategize with the movement for safe, legal, and free abortion access. In an opening panel, breakout sessions, and a concluding assembly, we will exchange lessons between organizers, scholars, and frontline workers. All participants will emerge from this event with connections and tangible skills to contribute to the urgent struggle for reproductive justice in New York and beyond.
Saturday, October 15
12pm to 5pm at the People’s Forum (320 W 37th St, New York, NY)
Intentions for the day include:
- Hear firsthand accounts of recent abortion rights victories in Latin America and Ireland.
- Gain insight from Black liberation analyses on bodily autonomy.
- Build bridges between abortion care inside and clinic defense outside.
- Activate media skills to document, educate, and disseminate information.
- Strategize how to expand this struggle in our workplaces and universities.
Speakers, moderators, and facilitators will include Professor Dána-Ain Davis, Njera Keith, Professor Natalie Gomez-Velez, Simin Farkhondeh, and Brenna McCaffrey, as well as representatives from Pan y Rosas Argentina, NYC for Abortion Rights, and CUNY for Abortion Rights.
For the day’s schedule, information on speakers, instructions on registration, and covid protocols, please visit our website.