2021-2022 Writing Center Fellowships (apply by 4/23)
The Writing Center invites applications for Writing Fellowships for the 2021-22 academic year. Students of all disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Writing Center supports GC students in reaching their writing goals. Our office sponsors a wide range of writing support services, including:
- One-on-one consultations to work on term papers, chapters, articles, job materials, grant applications, etc. at any stage in the drafting and revision process.
- Workshops and webinars on topics like goal-setting, structuring for argument-based writing, abstracts, research management tools, advanced outlining, revising an essay into an article, and many others.
- Digital resources, including past webinars, informative guides, and more.
The Writing Center is continually striving to expand its student outreach by promoting in-office services and scheduled events. Each graduate fellow is responsible for planning and organizing an event from conception to follow-up surveys. Fellows are encouraged to work on projects that interest them and suit their skillsets.
Writing Fellows report to the Director of the Writing Center and will be expected to work both independently and in collaboration with other fellows and the Director. The ideal candidate will have a strong command of academic writing within their chosen discipline and will be a Level 3 doctoral student. Fellows are expected to maintain a regular work schedule of 15 hours/week throughout the Fall and Spring semesters.
Activities done by our fellows:
- Graduate writing consultations
- Workshop design and implementation
- Facilitation of accountability groups and dissertation clinics
- Event planning, organizing, and promotion
- Communications, social media, and marketing
- Curating content for our website
- Data tracking through survey records and summaries
To apply, send a letter of interest, CV, and sample of academic writing to David Hershinow (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 9. There will be an interview process and fellowships will be awarded on or before April 23.