The Adjunct Project advocates on behalf of and disseminates information to and concerning the Graduate Center student adjuncts and those with equivalent teaching responsibilities, with attention given to the CUNY-wide adjunct situation and the state of academic labor as a whole.
The new coordinator will serve from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017, with the possibility of reappointment, and be paid an annual stipend of approximately $4,300, which is paid in monthly stipends throughout the year. Applicants must be matriculated Graduate Center students. Experience as a CUNY adjunct or adjunct-equivalent role is preferred.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following, together with the Coordinator for Advocacy and Education and the Coordinator for Labor Relations:
● soliciting feedback from graduate student workers on issues to be taken up by the Adjunct Project;
● recruiting support for and participants in the initiatives of the Adjunct Project;
● updating website content and producing other publicity regarding issues and events relevant to their domain;
● stimulating awareness and discussion of adjunct issues among the broader Graduate Center community;
● ensuring that all activities of the Adjunct Project are consistent with the DSC Constitution and Bylaws; and
● hiring consultants, contingent on need and funding.
The open position of Coordinator for Organization and Planning shall be responsible for:
● organizing regular Adjunct Project meetings and maintaining membership contact lists;
● maintaining a directory of relevant Graduate Center, CUNY, PSC, and other contacts;
● receiving input on and facilitating implementation of long-term planning; and
● serving as official liaison to the DSC.
Please send CVs and cover letters to Amy Martin, DSC Co-Chair for Student Affairs
by April 21, 2016: firstname.lastname@example.org