April 21 The Doctoral Students’ Council seeks candidates for the Coordinator for Organization and Planning of the Adjunct Project.
The Adjunct Project advocates on behalf of and disseminates information to and concerning the Graduate Center student adjuncts and those with equivalent teaching responsibilities, with attention given to the CUNY-wide adjunct situation and the state of academic labor as a whole.
The new coordinator will serve from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017, with the possibility of reappointment, and be paid an annual stipend of approximately $4,300, which is paid in monthly stipends throughout the year. Applicants must be matriculated Graduate Center students. Experience as a CUNY adjunct or adjunct-equivalent role is preferred.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following, together with the Coordinator for Advocacy and Education and the Coordinator for Labor Relations:
● soliciting feedback from graduate student workers on issues to be taken up by the Adjunct Project;
● recruiting support for and participants in the initiatives of the Adjunct Project;
● updating website content and producing other publicity regarding issues and events relevant to their domain;
● stimulating awareness and discussion of adjunct issues among the broader Graduate Center community;
● ensuring that all activities of the Adjunct Project are consistent with the DSC Constitution and Bylaws; and
● hiring consultants, contingent on need and funding.
The open position of Coordinator for Organization and Planning shall be responsible for:
● organizing regular Adjunct Project meetings and maintaining membership contact lists;
● maintaining a directory of relevant Graduate Center, CUNY, PSC, and other contacts;
● receiving input on and facilitating implementation of long-term planning; and
● serving as official liaison to the DSC.
Please send CVs and cover letters to Amy Martin, DSC Co-Chair for Student Affairs
by April 21, 2016: firstname.lastname@example.org