College Assistant sought at the College of Staten Island
An Assistant Professor from CUNY—College of Staten Island, is looking to fill a part-time position for Research Assistance through the position of “College Assistant”. Her ethnographic research is broadly in the areas of disability rights, neoliberal governance and social justice struggles in the context of South Asia. She is a faculty with visual impairment, and is looking for an advanced Grad student (preferably Ph.D. student) to assist with research and to facilitate informational access.
You will be assisting with research pertaining to Disability Studies, International Development, Social Work, and the like. The position is at a competitive hourly rate with health insurance and other CUNY benefits after three months.
Candidates who are interested in international development, social justice and disability/diversity studies can greatly benefit. This position is ideal for those who are interested in conducting research, or are interested in pursuing a career in academics or a profession in the Social Sciences.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1) Assist with accessing interdisciplinary research resources, conducting literature reviews, and editing.
2) Assist with grantwriting—searching grant databases and grant proposal editing.
3) Facilitate informational access as needed for teaching and research materials through operating blackboard and other occupational tasks. Assist with curriculum, student records, and other administrative duties as needed.
4) Assist with document conversion/scanning, visual formatting, editing, and with operating classroom technology when needed.
1) Background in the social sciences or humanities (current grad/PhD students strongly preferred).
2) Interest in disability studies, globalization, international development, and diversity issues strongly preferred.
3) Strong writing, research, and communication skills.
4) Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and ability to use other online platforms to streamline work.
5) Strong organizational and time management skills.
Please contact Dr. Vandana Chaudhry with your Resume/C.V. via email at Vandana.email@example.com. For additional details, call (312) 451-3884 or (718) 982-2191.
The position opens soon.