- Fellowships are available to students who are currently enrolled in and pursuing a graduate degree at a designated institution of higher learning located in the United States of America. Undergraduate students are no longer qualified candidates.
- The program of study being pursued by the candidate may include any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture or other formal professional training). The selection committee has a strong preference for supporting scholarly endeavors.
- The candidate must have received a baccalaureate degree at the time of application and have an outstanding undergraduate record.
- The candidate must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- The candidate may be of any national descent or background.
- The amount of each Fellowship will cover actual tuition cost only (no fees) plus an $18,000 annual stipend to be allocated towards room, board and ordinary living expenses, as well as any income taxes thereon.
- The recipient of a Fellowship shall be known as a Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellow.
- Fellowships are awarded annually. Each Fellow MUST APPLY FOR A RENEWAL of his or her fellowship by March 31st of the following year in accordance with the terms in effect at the time the fellowship is awarded. (No reminder will be sent.) Fellowships will be limited to a maximum of three years.
- If a student needs to defer to study abroad an email must be sent to Cory Whitlock notifying as such and can only be deferred once up to one academic year.
- A Fellowship may be canceled at any time if a Fellow engages in misconduct affecting the Fund, breaches any of these rules or provides false information to the Fund either directly or indirectly.
GC CUNY DETAILS
The Graduate Center is allowed to nominate up to three students for the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellowship. The Graduate Center’s internal deadline is Wednesday, January 4, 2023, 5pm. Students who wish to be considered must submit a completed application (along with supporting materials) to Rachel Sponzo in the Office of the Provost as a single pdf file. Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly to email@example.com by January 4th. The applications will be reviewed by the Graduate Center to determine which three will be forwarded to the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund for the national competition. If you have questions, please contact Rachel Sponzo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The qualifications and selection of candidates to receive the benefits of the Fellowship, the selection or approval of the programs of study to be pursued and the places or the institutions where such studies are pursued, and the meaning, interpretation and application of the provisions of the Will of Dolores Zohrab Liebmann establishing the Fellowship, shall be determined in the sole judgment and discretion of the Trustee, based upon the advice and counsel of a Selection Committee.