January 27- CLACLS 2020 Summer Research Travel Fellowships
The Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies (CLACLS) is accepting proposals for its 2020 Summer Research Travel Fellowships. CLACLS will award multiple fellowships of up to $1,500 (partial awards may also be granted) to full-time students currently enrolled, and in good standing, in one of the doctoral programs at the Graduate Center. The fellowship will support doctoral research in Latin America and the Caribbean during summer 2020.
Eligible expenses include travel and accommodation costs incurred for research with archival material, other primary source material, interviews, video documentation, and related research. Expenses for travel to scholarly conferences, classes, or seminars are not eligible for support. Students are responsible for obtaining IRB approval, if needed.
All applications must be submitted as ONE SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT to CLACLSFellowships@gmail.com with the subject heading “[LAST NAME] 2020 Travel Fellowship Application”. Please arrange your document’s application materials in the following order:
- A single cover page stating the applicant’s full name, email address, home address, GC program, field of study, and title of the research proposal
- A one-page description of the research project that mentions the proposed trip’s larger scholarly relevance (500 words maximum)
- A one-page budget proposal (as detailed as possible)
- Curriculum Vitae (no more than three pages)
- An up-to-date Graduate Center transcript (an unofficial copy from GC Banner is fine)
Application Deadline: Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5:00 pm EST (FIRM deadline).
Decisions will go out February 3, 2020 by 5:00 pm EST.
Please contact CLACLS directly with any questions at email@example.com or (212)817-8438.
Information regarding former winners can be found on the CLACLS website at http://clacls.gc.cuny.edu