Come to our Fall 2019 Career Fair on October 11 from 11am-2pm on the C-level to network with potential employers. At the Career Fair, you’ll meet with representatives from local businesses and nonprofits who are actively seeking candidates with your particular skillsets in research, teaching, and communication.
Below are some registered employers that may be of particular interest to you:
- Educational Alliance offers programs that enhance the well-being of and create socioeconomic opportunities for those in Lower Manhattan.
- Haymarket Media, Inc. creates trusted, premium specialist media brands which build powerful communities and drive valuable conversations.
- Ithaka S+R’s action-oriented research and support services help institutions improve their performance and further their missions. *Ithaka S+R* will be looking in particular for candidates for a paid Spring 2020 internship (see below).
- MDRC is a nonprofit education and social policy research organization dedicated to helping low-income communities.
- Queens Community House is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse neighborhoods of Queens.
- Uncommon Schools operates charter schools to prepare students from low-income communities for college.
Employer are continuing to sign up; the list of employers attending will be finalized on Monday, October 7, 2019. For the full list of employers, visit our event page.
If you plan to attend the career fair, please RSVP using our event registration form.
Career Fair Preparation
Attend Making the Most of a Career Fair on Monday, October 7.
Do you have an updated resume to hand out to employers? We sponsored resume webinars on September 4 and September 12 to help students learn about the latest trends in resumes and how to manage potential pitfalls. View a recording of this webinar and access associated handouts through our webinar recordings page.
You can schedule a career advisement appointment or stop by our office walk-in hours (Mondays from 12:00-2:00 p.m. and Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00 p.m., room 3300.08) to get feedback from one of our career advisers. We will add additional walk-in hours the week of the career fair:
Monday, October 7: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 9: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 10: 12:00 – 3:30 p.m.
You can also check out our career fair-related blog posts for more tips: