The discussion will include multiple perspectives on working against structural barriers to support equity and social justice in STEM, both in the academy and in industry. Space is limited, so please RSVP[cuny.us10.list-manage.com] if you hope to join us.
Schedule of Events on Monday, October 31
• 12-1pm: Twitter Chat. Join an online discussion on the topic using the hashtag #fight4edu. The discussion will be led by HASTAC Scholars Krystal Cooper, Danielle Picard, and Leah Rankin.
• 1-2pm: Panel Discussion, GC 9204. Join us at the Graduate Center or via livestream for a discussion with panelists Jill Bargonetti, Gillian Bayne, Andrew Rosenberg, and Sara Vogel (bios below)
• 2-3pm: Reception and informal conversations, GC 9204. Continue the discussion over coffee and cookies.
How to Join Us
• To attend in person, RSVP now![cuny.us10.list-manage.com]
• Watch the livestream at bit.ly/FuturesED-live[cuny.us10.list-manage1.com] (unedited footage will be available after the event for a limited time under “Recent Videos,” and we’ll post an edited version on our website).
• Follow the hashtag #fight4edu[cuny.us10.list-manage.com] and tweet your questions/comments.
• During and after the event, add your questions and comments to this Google Doc[cuny.us10.list-manage1.com].
Many thanks to our co-sponsors: HASTAC, GC Digital Initiatives, the Software Studies Initiative, the Office of Educational Opportunity and Diversity, and America Needs You.
Please feel free to share this invitation with your network. More details are below and on our website[cuny.us10.list-manage.com].