October 5 GC: From Students To Scholars Podcast Series
From Students To Scholars is a podcast series that provides peer mentoring to Graduate Center doctoral students and helps them prepare for the careers to which they aspire. Each episode is themed and tackles specific aspects of graduate education, ranging from long-term planning and fieldwork to minority challenges. For each episode, we invite Level 3 students and/or alumnae to discuss the challenges, stories, and successes that they faced during their time here at the Graduate Center.
1. GC Game Plan: How to set short-term and long-term goals to prepare for a dissertation
2. Holy Dissertation, Batman!: How to begin thinking about such a big project
3. Nits and Grits: Tips for budding scholars with a tape recorder, notebook, and/or smartphone
4. A Unique Path: Experiences of minority students at the Graduate Center
5. Keep Calm and Carry On: Staying sane, managing anxiety, and having a life outside of graduate school.
Podcast Launches: OCTOBER 5TH, 2015
Launch Party: Sociology Lounge, Room 6112, 6:00pm
“The launch party is sponsored by the Department of Sociology, the Sociology Students