Welcome to the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), home to a passionate community of global educators who believe in the power of technology to transform teaching and learning, accelerate innovation and solve tough problems in education. ISTE is seeking a EdSurge Research Coordinator**, who will directly support research projects and contribute to improving internal processes. She/he/they will perform core research activities, such as synthesizing academic and non-academic literature and helping to administer focus groups and interview protocols. She/he/they will also support research and storytelling projects by developing communications strategy, tracking the impact of stories and projects, and communicating with research participants. The Research Coordinator may lead or contribute to a variety of other tasks—including creating assets and collateral for the EdSurge Research team and working with contributing writers—as needed. The Research Coordinator should be detail oriented, a quick learner, and have experience doing independent research. She/he/they should feel comfortable working independently and collaboratively, and should be able to—and excited to—adapt as needs change. Passion for education and EdSurge Research’s mission of making sense of complex education and EdTech issues is a must.
Research Coordinator, EdSurge Research-ISTE for ISTE in Multiple Locations or Remote, 20 hours/week
Research and Project Support
- Support literature reviews and research for EdSurge Research projects and stories by synthesizing academic and non-academic literature on various educational topics
- Support research activities such as coordinating email outreach to research participants, administering interview protocols, helping to administer focus groups, etc. Support projects’ marketing and communications strategy (e.g., by drafting and implementing communications plans, tracking impact metrics, contributing to social media campaigns and drafting email copy)
- Work with contributing writers for EdSurge Research series
Marketing & Asset Support
- Contribute to the development of an EdSurge Research pitch deck and other strategic assets such as research on funding opportunities
- Coordinate with the team to execute on a strategy to broadly disseminate EdSurge Research content
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience; candidates with advanced degrees enthusiastically considered.
- Experience in education, EdTech, and/or market research experience, and/or demonstrated knowledge of research methodologies in the social sciences
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, with strong project management and writing