The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History seeks a Student Intern
Gilder Lehrman seeks a highly organized and motivated individual for an unpaid Content Cataloging Internship to read and summarize original manuscript documents in the Gilder Lehrman Collection.
● Work with Civil War era manuscript documents, primarily soldiers’ archives
● Provide a brief summary of each document
● Add keyword metadata
● Make condition assessments when necessary
● Applicants must be enrolled in History or Archives program
● Availability to work at least 10 hours per week
Essential Skills & Abilities:
● Highly organized with strong attention to detail
● Quick thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
Please submit a resume, cover letter, a reference letter from at least one instructor, and a list of relevant completed courses to firstname.lastname@example.org .