The Ph.D. Program in History

at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York

Uncategorized

$950 Bedroom Sublet in a 2BR Ditmas Park Apartment in Brooklyn With a Fellow CUNY Grad Student

Move-in Details:
  • July 1st
  • First and last month’s rent plus one-month security deposit.
Potential Roommate Details:
  • MUST be a dog lover (see Third Roommate details below.)
  • Vegetarians or pescatarians only. I don’t eat meat, so obviously I don’t want to wake up to bacon cooking. 🙂
  • I’m looking for a person in their late 20s/early 30s and up to move in who is either a responsible grad student or has a solid job. I’m looking to entertain a board gaming group (Brooklyn Gaming Initiative) on a once-weekly basis, so I’m hoping for a roommate who is cool with this and might even want to join in on occasion.
  • Please be someone clean who doesn’t leave dishes in the sink, fails to help with apartment cleaning, or leaves your stuff lying around. I’ll be diligent about Morgan’s pet hair, of course. 🙂
  • This is a sublet agreement, and I’m hoping to have at least 3 weeks notice before you move out.
Apartment Details:
  • Two bedroom apartment on 3rd floor with elevator and fob entry in four story brick apartment. The building is near historic Ditmas Park, with its large homes and suburban feel, and several blocks from Prospect Park.
  • Ditmas Park is fantastic for running or just taking an evening stroll up to Cortelyou to eat at The Farm on Adderly or the Tibetan Cafe. There is a fantastic co-op, a couple great coffee shops, and an amazing wine shop.
  • The apartment is equidistant from the Cortelyou (Q), Newkirk (B,Q), and Newkirk Ave. (2,5) stations.
  • The entire apartment has been repainted and includes new outlets, fixtures, spotless wooden floors, and overhead lighting.
  • Kitchen:  Entirely redone with brand new cabinets, splashguards, spacious counters, stone flooring, and a new four-burner stove with large refrigerator. You will have access to plenty of cabinet and drawer space.
  • Bathroom: Entirely redone with new flooring, fixtures, toilet, cabinet, mirror, and bathroom tiling.
  • Living Room: Spacious living room with couch and chaise unit plus 46” television with Bose surround sound home theater system. My roommate will have access to the television’s Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBOGo, and Amazon Instant. (This is subject to change.)
  • Wi-fi: Optimum broadband is included in the rent and guaranteed to remain for the duration of your rental agreement.
  • Mailbox key for the mailbox in the lobby.
  • There are coin washers and dryers in the lobby along with recycling containers. Cortelyou has a coin laundromat along with a laundry service I use.
The Room:
  • One 15‘X10’ bedroom with door—formerly part of the living room with permanent wall replacement—and two large windows facing back alley which lets in some wonderful light during the morning hours.
  • There is more than enough room for a bed, desk, and wardrobe since there is no closet inside the room. There is a shelved closet right outside the door which will be for you to use in addition to a potential wardrobe.
  • Redone wooden floors and three sockets (2 regular and one AC.)
  • Currently there is no AC in the room but I’d be willing to deduct a portion of the rent if you decide to install one.
The Third Roommate:
  • Morgan, a 9 year-old Golden Retriever will be living in the apartment for the foreseeable future when she’s not back in NH with my ex. She is a friendly and loving pup who will want your attention but you don’t have to let her in your room. However, she will share the couch occasionally or be in the common spaces. Being a dog lover is a MUST in this situation.
  • I’m entirely responsible for taking care of her diet, exercise, and grooming but she wouldn’t be upset if you gave her some carrot, apple, or tummy rubs. 🙂

– Brian Bouton, incoming History PhD student for the fall

brianbouton@me.com