Doctoral students in their 2nd to 6th year at The Graduate Center are eligible to apply for a Doctoral Student Research Grant (DSRG). The DSRG awards up to $1500 for research-related expenses. Why should you apply?
- This is a good introductory grant application; straightforward, with help available from firstname.lastname@example.org
- A proposal brings a student’s ideas and projects to the attention of the faculty
- Winning the award is a good addition to a CV or resume
- Most compelling reason: $$ for a research-related project
The most common requests are for funding to pay for travel to a research site or to attend a conference, and payments to recruit human subjects. Equipment and professional services are also eligible expenses. The funding decisions will be made by you, the EO and/or the panel you select from your faculty, so you may find other expenses proposed that you will judge to be worthy of support. The greater the number of your program’s applicants (and the size of their budgets), the greater will be your share of the total budget.
The deadline for applications is 5 PM, January 31, 2023. Students begin the process by reading the Guidelines here.
After you read the guidelines, do the following:
- Log‐in to CUNYfirst (www.cuny.edu)
2. Access Student Center (student self‐service)
3. Click on the ‘GC Doct Student Research Grant’ link from the ‘To Do List’ (right margin)
4. Once the DSRG Application launches, click on the ‘Access Grant Application’ link