Baruch College is hiring a coordinator to help administer Vocat, a homegrown tool that facilitates feedback on multimedia projects. The coordinator will work 20 hours/week to assist faculty and staff members on implementation and support. Vocat (http://vocat.io) allows faculty and students to upload video, audio, and photos directly into the web interface, and provides a rubric generator, in-line annotations, and threaded discussions for quantitative and qualitative assessment.
The Vocat Coordinator, working with the educational technology team at the Center for Teaching and Learning, will perform the following duties:
- Regularly update and distribute documentation and tutorials for instructor and
- Collect bug reports and feature requests to elevate to the developer for
- Highlight unique uses and best practices of Vocat on the Center for Teaching and
Learning site (ctl.baruch.cuny.edu).
- Consider how Vocat, as well as our campus-wide WordPress blogging platform,
can be implemented for unique and innovative assignments.
- Train and assist faculty to:
- set up new courses and projects in the Vocat system.
- create and apply custom rubrics.
- evaluate media assets with rubric-based numeric scores, time-stamped annotations, and threaded discussion.
- Train and assist students to:
- log into the Vocat system.
- record, compress, and upload videos.
- annotate their own work, evaluate the work of their peers, and respond to instructor feedback.
Qualifications: Applicants should have experience working with educational technology tools, writing documentation and tutorials, and strong collaborative and communication skills. Teaching experience preferred.
Compensation Details: This is a College Assistant position that will pay $20.77/hour for up to 20 hrs/week through 6/30/2016. It is available immediately and renewable for the 2016-2017 academic year.
To Apply or Ask Questions: Email a CV and cover letter to Craig.Stone@baruch.cuny.edu. Job open until filled.