Call for Applications: Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies (CLACLS) Summer Research Fellowship 2023
CLACLS Summer Research Fellowship 2023
Application Deadline: February 24th, 2023
Notification of Award: March 3rd, 2023
Stipend: Up to $2,000
The Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies is accepting proposals for the CLACLS Summer Research Fellowship 2023. The Center will award multiple fellowships of up to $2,000 (partial awards may also be granted) to full-time students currently enrolled, and in good standing, in one of the doctoral programs at the Graduate Center, CUNY. The fellowships will support doctoral research on Latin America and the Caribbean.
Eligible expenses include costs incurred for research travel to Latin America, Spain, or Portugal; access to archival and other primary source material, interviews, video documentation, and related research. We will also consider expenses for transcription and translation services, technology, and software for research purposes. Expenses for travel to scholarly conferences, classes, or seminars are not eligible for support. Students are responsible for attaining IRB approval if needed.
Selected applicants will be asked to present their work during a CLACLS public event to be held at the Graduate Center early in the fall 2023 semester.
All applications must be submitted as ONE PDF DOCUMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “[LAST NAME] 2023 Research Fellowship Application”.
Please arrange your document’s application materials in the following order:
- A single cover page stating the applicant’s full name, email address, home address, GC program, field of study, and title of the research proposal.
- An additional one-page description of the research project describing your goals for summer research and the scholarly relevance of the project. (600 words maximum).
- A one-page detailed budget proposal.
- Curriculum Vitae (no more than three pages).
- An up-to-date Graduate Center transcript (an unofficial copy from GC Banner is acceptable).
Application Deadline: February 24th, 2023, at 5pm EST. Decisions will be communicated to all applicants no later than March 3rd, 2023.
Please contact Diomelca Rivas, CLACLS Research Fellow, directly with any questions at email@example.com.