Call for Applications: Editor Opportunity for The City Amplified (deadline, Mon, Sep 10)
The City Amplified: Radical Archives and Oral Histories seeks a highly organized, digital humanities savvy, current graduate student at the Graduate Center, CUNY in the Humanities or Humanities-related social sciences to work on a publication that reflects the year-long work of the City Amplified Working Group. The publication will be published in both physical and digital formats.
The City Amplified: Radical Archives and Oral Histories brings together oral historians, artists, archivists, and scholars to examine, engage, and re-assess how radical archiving practices can amplify the rich range of oral history based, public humanities projects occurring across the city. Under the City Amplified umbrella, we meet as a working group, organize public events, and create independent studies opportunities for CUNY undergraduates. It is generously supported by the Mellon Seminar on Public Engagement and Collaborative Research from the Center for the Humanities at the Graduate Center, CUNY.
- Communicate with contributors and co-ordinate submissions, bios, and photographs;
- Do some light copy-editing;
- Develop the publication for digital purposes via the CUNY Manifold Scholarship platform. Manifold Scholarship is an intuitive, collaborative, open-source platform for scholarly publishing launched by The University of Minnesota Press, CUNY GC Digital Scholarship Lab, and Cast Iron Coding to work with publishers to install and implement the Manifold platform into their organization’s workflow. To learn more, visit http://manifoldapp.org
- Co-ordinate between the Center for the Humanities, City Amplified faculty co-leader, Graduate Center Digital Initiatives, external design team, and other Graduate Center units to ensure the physical and digital publications are produced on time.
- Workload is anticipated to be heavier at the start and end of Fall 2018 (as publication submissions are due on September 10th and the publication will be ready by January 11th, 2019) but will ease up in between.
- Overall 12 hours per month.
Current graduate student at the Graduate Center, CUNY in the Humanities or Humanities-related social sciences.
Monday, September 10th, 2018.
How to Apply:
Please click here to fill out the google application form to apply.
Please contact The City Amplified Faculty Co-Leader, Dr. Prithi Kanakamedala at: prathibha dot kanakamedala at bcc dot cuny dot edu
Co-sponsored by The City Amplified: Oral Histories and Radical Archiving research team as part of the Seminar on Public Engagement and Collaborative Research from the Center for the Humanities at the Graduate Center, CUNY; and Digital Initiatives at the Graduate Center, CUNY.