The Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives (ALBA) is an educational non-profit dedicated to promoting social activism and the defense of human rights. ALBA’s work is inspired by the American volunteers of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade who fought fascism in the Spanish Civil War (1936-39). Drawing on the ALBA collections in New York University’s Tamiment Library, and working to expand such collections, ALBA works to preserve the legacy of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade as an inspiration for present and future generations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Associate will help craft and disseminate ALBA communications, publicize ALBA events and scholarship, and work to expand our reach to new audiences.
- Maintaining and updating ALBA’s website (WordPress platform).
- Social media management, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (planning, drafting, and posting social media content, building social media following).
- Drafting newsletters and eblasting on Mailchimp.
- Creating graphics in Adobe as needed.
- Strategic planning with staff to grow ALBA reach.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Understanding of communications approaches and strategies.
- Interest in and commitment to ALBA mission.
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills.
- Professional interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant, independent, and able to work as an effective member of a small team.
- Familiar with marketing/communications via social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Working knowledge of the following programs.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- G-Suite Apps
Please submit a cover letter of not more than one page, your resume, and one writing sample. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more info and to apply, click here