Coordinator for Labor Relations
Applications due: December 1st, 2015
The DSC seeks candidates for the Coordinator for Labor Relations of the Adjunct Project:
The Adjunct Project advocates on behalf of and disseminates information to and concerning Graduate Center student adjuncts and those with equivalent teaching responsibilities, with attention given to the CUNY-wide adjunct situation and the state of academic labor as a whole.
The new coordinator will serve from January 1, 2016 to June 30, 2016, with the possibility of reappointment, and will be paid an annual stipend of approximately $4,300, which would be prorated to $2,150 for six months and paid monthly. Applicants must be matriculated Graduate Center students with experience as CUNY adjuncts or adjunct-equivalent roles.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following, together with the Coordinator for Advocacy and Education and the Coordinator for Organization and Planning:
• soliciting feedback from graduate student works on issues to be taken up by the Adjunct Project;
• recruiting support for and participants in the initiatives of the Adjunct Project;
• updating website content and producing other publicity regarding issues and events relevant to their domain;
• stimulating awareness and discussion of adjunct issues among the broader Graduate Center community;
• ensuring that all activities of the Adjunct Project are consistent with the DSC Constitution and Bylaws; and
• hiring consultants, contingent on need and funding.
The open position of Coordinator for Labor Relations shall be responsible for:
• facilitating reciprocal communication with the PSC and other labor-related entities;
• representing the interests of graduate student adjuncts to the PSC; and
• identifying changes in national, state, and local labor relations relevant to graduate student adjuncts.
Please send CVs and cover letters to Amy Martin, DSC Co-Chair for Student Affairs
by December 1st, 2015 at firstname.lastname@example.org