Educational Technologist opening at the Office of the University Dean for Faculty Affairs and Leadership Development
Job Title: Educational Technologist/CUNY New Lecturer Initiative
Location: Office of the University Dean for Faculty Affairs and Leadership Development
Status: Part Time
Pay Range: $40 – $58 per hour, commensurate with experience
Hour(s) a week: 15 hours per week, July 2022-June 2023
Closing Date: until filled
CUNY’s New Lecturer Initiative was established by the Chancellor and the EVC and University Provost when New York State recently allocated funding for additional full-time faculty lines to CUNY. In the first phase of this Initiative, 250 new full-time Lecturers will be hired across the university in Fall 2022 to better balance the proportion of instructional hours taught by full-time faculty at CUNY. Chancellor Matos Rodriguez has charged the CUNY Innovative Teaching Academy with onboarding and welcoming these new CUNY faculty and providing them with professional development to help ensure their success at CUNY and the success of their students. The part-time Educational Technologist will provide support to and be supervised by the University Dean for Faculty Affairs and Leadership Development and the Office of Undergraduate Studies and Academic Programs and Policy (OUSAP) Leadership Fellows. The majority of the Educational Technologist’s work may be done remotely, but some in-person activities may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Educational Technologist will:
- Provide advice about technological tools that can enhance student learning and help incorporate these tools into the professional development curriculum for the New Lecturer Initiative
- Support the development of the Blackboard course for New Lecturers in uploading content, checking links, managing interactive course elements, and integrating embedded tools
- Check on and ensure accessibility for all items within the Blackboard course
- Assist with linked forms and management of uploaded participant files to the Blackboard course
- Make continuous updates and edits to content in the Blackboard course as directed
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated experience using Blackboard Course Management, Microsoft Excel, Forms, Outlook and Teams.
- Knowledge of how to make course materials accessible
- Excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of academic programs
- Familiarity with a variety of educational technologies, such as Padlet, Voicethread, and others
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, laptops, tablets, smart phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as bending, reaching, sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
How to Apply
Submit a resume or CV and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position to Laura.Baecher@cuny.edu.
Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine (example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.