Fairleigh Dickinson University Tenure-Track Position in World History
World History, Assistant Professor, beginning Fall 2015
Fairleigh Dickinson University, a private, coeducational university with an enrollment of more than 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students from throughout the United States and the world, invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor in World History on its Metropolitan Campus beginning August 2015. Teaching responsibilities will include introductory and advanced courses in general and specific areas of World History. The Metropolitan Campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University is in Teaneck/Hackensack, NJ, near New York City.
1. Ph.D. in History; a specialization that complements curriculum needs is preferred.
2. A clear commitment to teaching and the ability to teach a variety of courses in World History.
3. Experience teaching courses in World History and evidence of excellence in teaching.
4. A record of scholarship or demonstrated scholarly potential.
5. A commitment to service to the school, college, and university.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
A complete application must include: (1) a letter of application; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) a statement of teaching philosophy; (4) evidence of teaching excellence; and (5) three letters of reference. Although this position will remain open until filled, review of candidates’ materials will begin immediately.
The online Application Form is available at: