February 21 – Careers in Nonprofit Development
As you look beyond the GC, why should you consider taking a job–and starting a career–in fundraising? Because, in fundraising (a.k.a. “advancement” and “development”), you
- Powerfully advance the mission of a non-profit
- Engage donors with a cause
- Focus the aims of a purpose-driven organization by sharpening its pitch
- Employ the research, writing, communication, interpersonal, and even teaching skills that you honed at the GC
- Enter into a field meant to grow 15% in the next ten years–much faster than the average occupation
- Work in one of the best-compensated areas of the non-profit world
At our Careers in Nonprofit Development event, a panel of GC alumni will discuss both how they moved from the Graduate Center into careers in fundraising and the field’s benefits. Our panelists include
- Katya Ilina (PhD, German), Director of Development Operations, Yale School of Management
- Brooke Bryant (PhD, Musicology), Director of Development, Kaufman Music Center
- Timothy Wilson [carnegiehall.org] (MPhil, French), Manager of Foundation Relations, The Carnegie Hall Corporation
Please come–to learn about a career in nonprofit development!
The event takes place on Thursday, February 21st from 6-8pm in Graduate Center Room 9205.
Please tell us you are coming: RSVP here.