GC Public Programs for Spring 2021
In this critical time of change and renewal, as we continue to fight COVID-19, plan for economic recovery, and decide the political future of our city, this season of online events offers fresh ideas and diverse perspectives on issues facing us all. View the full schedule and register now at:
This semester, participants from The Graduate Center and CUNY’s community of scholars include Dána-Ain Davis, Susan L. Epstein, Michael Jacobson, Jaclyn Kelly, Paul Krugman, Emily Laber-Warren, Setha Low, and John Mollenkopf.
- Rethinking NYC brings together leading minds to reimagine the city we want to live in, with events on policing, the economy, the upcoming mayoral election, and the future of culture in New York City.
- The Stone Center on Socio-Economic Inequality presents two timely discussions: Economic Recovery for Whom? and Is Globalization Over?
- Our City of Science series continues with panels on truth and misinformation in the age of COVID-19, and on the ethics of artificial intelligence.
- With poetry at the center of national discourse post-Inauguration, we welcome acclaimed poet Jacqueline Woodson in a reading and conversation, presented with the Center for the Study of Women in Society.
- The fourth annual Dissertation Showcase will feature important research being done by Graduate Center students, even in these challenging times.
Reserve now and join the conversation online this season!