The Center for the Study of Africa and the African Diaspora (CSAAD) at NYU
CSAAD welcomes the participation of communities, organizations, and individuals from across the whole of Africa and its Diaspora, in seeking to foster cross-cultural and cross-spatial engagement. The CSAAD-ASWAD Medial Meeting endeavors to serve as a venue within which communities hailing from the Caribbean, Latin America, North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia might continue to explore connections and identify mutual projects.
To this end, CSAAD issues a Call-For-Proposals, from all interested parties, to participate in the CSAAD-ASWAD Medial Meeting, May 2-3, 2019, on the campus of NYU. The CSAAD-ASWAD Medial Meeting will be on a smaller scale than the biennial ASWAD gathering, and will therefore be much more selective.
We welcome Scholarship and Presentations on Topics that may address, but are not limited to:
– WOMEN AND GENDER IN INTERNATIONALIST FORMATIONS
– MARXISM AND THE BLACK EXPERIENCE
– INTERROGATING HETERONORMATIVITY/QUEERING TRANSNATIONAL SPACE
– NEW YORK AS AN AFRICAN CITY
– AFRO-LATINX MOVEMENTS
– THE PLACE OF HAITI
– FEDERATION IN THE CARIBBEAN
– REPARATIONS AND REPATRIATIONS
– UNIVERSITIES IN AFRICA AND THE DIASPORA
– THE AFRICAN UNION AND THE SIXTH REGION
– THE ROLE OF THE UNITED NATIONS
– BLACK LIVES MATTER IN THE U.S. AND THE WORLD
– COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION AND ACTIVISM
– GLOBAL, REGIONAL, NATIONAL, AND LOCAL POLITICS
Proposals should be 1-2pp in length. Please send all proposals – as attachments – to CSAAD@NYU.EDU by January 25, 2019.
All inquiries may be sent to the same email address.