SUMMER RESEARCH TRAVEL FELLOWSHIPS 2016
The Center for Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies (CLACLS) is accepting proposals for the 2016 Summer Research Travel Fellowships. CLACLS will award fellowships of up to $1,000 (partial awards will also be granted) to full-time students currently enrolled in one of the Doctoral programs at the Graduate Center who are interested in travelling to Latin America and the Caribbean, Spain or Portugal to conduct research during the Summer 2016.
Eligible expenses will include travel and accommodation costs incurred to examine archival and other primary source material and/or to interview relevant informants. Partial awards to cover the eligible expenses may be made. Expenses attendant to travel to scholarly conferences, classes, or seminars are not eligible for support.
All applications must be submitted as ONE SINGLE DOCUMENT (Word or PDF) to CLACLSFellowships@gmail.com with the subject heading “[LAST NAME] 2016 Travel Fellowship Application”. Application materials should be ordered as follows:
- A single cover page stating the applicant’s full name, email address, home address, GC program, field of study, and title of the research proposal
- An additional one-page description of the research project with at least some mention of the proposed trip’s scholarly relevance (12pt font, Times New Roman, 1” Margins, Single Spaced)
- An additional one-page budget proposal (as detailed as possible)
- Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages)
- A copy of the applicant’s Graduate Center transcript (an unofficial copy from GC Banner is fine)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until May 1st, 2016 at 5pm
Decisions will go out May 15th, 2016 by 5pm
For more information, contact CLACLS at 212.817.8438
Information regarding former winners can be found on the CLACLS website at http://clacls.gc.cuny.edu