May 30 – ASMEA’s Research Grants Program
ASMEA Research Grant Program
To stimulate new and diverse lines of discourse about the Middle East and Africa, ASMEA’s Research Grants Program supports research on topics that deserve greater attention. Grants of up to $2500 will be awarded.
View qualifying topic areas here.
- Applicants must be current members of ASMEA and engaged in ongoing study of the Middle East or Africa. Applicants also must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program (with M.A. complete), or; serve in a post-doc capacity, or; serve as a visiting/assistant/associate/full professor teaching two or more courses per semester at an accredited institution. Applicants may be affiliated with any academic discipline.
- Applications must be accompanied by a paper proposal that represents new and un-published research relevant to ASMEA’s areas of study. Research grant proposals must be related to the qualifying research areas designated for that program.
- First time and junior grant applicants are preferred but each application will be judged on its merits.
- Applicants to the Research Grants Program must submit a brief letter of reference from their department chair. For student applicants, a letter from a dissertation advisor is acceptable.
- Students must submit proof of enrollment and expected graduation date.
- Applications will be accepted only via the ASMEA website.
- Only active ASMEA members are eligible for grant opportunities.
- Successful Research Grant Program applicants will be required to present their research at the Thirteenth Annual ASMEA Conference on November 19 – 21, 2020 in Washington, D.C. Research grant winners also must provide ASMEA the right of first refusal for potential publication of their papers in the peer-reviewed, Journal of the Middle East and Africa.
- Research grants may be used to cover any costs associated with conducting research for the specified proposal.
- All research and writing must be completed by the deadline for final papers. Projects that go into 2021 will not be considered.
- All grant applicants are eligible to win only one grant of any kind in 2020.
- All submissions submitted with a Research Grant will be considered in our Call for Papers regardless of whether awarded a grant or not. No separate paper submission is necessary to be considered in the general Call for Papers.
- The deadline to submit a grant application is May 30, 2020.
SUBMIT A RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION
Have questions? Refer to our FAQs section to see if its already answered. You can also contact ASMEA at email@example.com.