11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Our Fall 2018 career fair connects our doctoral and master’s degree graduate students with employers in government, non-profit, and policy sectors. The fair will feature both a traditional career fair with employers standing at tables talking to students, as well as presentations from individual employers.
From 2:00-3:00 p.m., the Department of Citywide Administrative Services will present on the civil service exam, which is now necessary for many, if not most, types of positions with NYC government. The presentation will be tailored to the types of roles typically sought by graduate students.
Registered employers include:
- Center for Court Innovation
- CUNY Internship Program
- Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- Drug Policy Alliance
- Educational Alliance
- NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- New York City Economic Development Corporation
- New York City Emergency Management
- New York State Assembly Internships
- New York State Senate Graduate Internships
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- NYC Department of Investigation’s Inspector General for the NYPD
- NYC Mayor’s Office of Sustainability
- Office of New York City Comptroller Scott M. Stringer
- Port Authority of NY & NJ
- UN Women Research and Data
- USCIS-Newark Asylum Office
- Vera Institute of Justice
Need help preparing for the career fair? Plan to attend:
- How to Stand Out: Best Practices for Creating a Resume, Friday, Oct. 12, 12:00 p.m.
- Making the Most of a Career Fair, Wednesday, Oct. 17, 4:00 p.m.
For more information and to sign up, click here: https://careerplan.commons.gc.cuny.edu/events
Can’t make it to the workshops? You’ll also find some tips in this attached handout. You can stop by our walk-in hours (Mondays, 12-2, Wednesdays, 4-6, Room 3300.08) to get some feedback on your resume. Or make an appointment by following the instructions here: https://careerplan.commons.gc.cuny.edu/services