Paid Spring Internship, Ithaka S + R
Ithaka S+R is a not-for-profit research and strategic consulting service. We help academic and cultural communities serve the public good and navigate economic, technological, and demographic change. Our aim is to broaden access to higher education by reducing costs while also improving student outcomes. We approach this goal with a legacy of working with universities and colleges as well as the institutions that support teaching, learning, and research—libraries, publishing organizations, cultural institutions, and scholarly societies. Our work has been instrumental in helping leaders in higher education learn from rigorous and well-designed research studies and adapt to new realities and opportunities.
As an Ithaka S+R intern, you will work collaboratively on projects that help shape the national postsecondary educational landscape and improve the lives of students. You will have an opportunity to learn from our researchers while being responsible for high-quality and on-time completion of work that has an impact on the field.
This is a paid internship for 15 weeks during Spring 2020 with a schedule of approximately 20 hours per week.
The goals of the internship are:
● To participate in a unique learning experience and address critical challenges in higher education;
● To develop a broader knowledge of Ithaka S+R’s work through exposure to and active participation in discussions beyond the scope of the intern’s specific project;
● To collaborate with researchers and analysts to produce specific deliverables;
● To present work accomplished during the internship to showcase skills learned.
Interns will support one or more projects. Internship project components and deliverables will be defined in collaboration with selected candidates.
Experience and Skills
● Pursuing a Master’s degree or Ph.D in a field that requires strong writing, communication, and problem solving and/or quantitative and policy analysis.
● Strong interest in solving challenges in higher education.
● Comfort working with quantitative and/or qualitative data.
● Superior writing, communications, and interpersonal skills.
● Highly effective in communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, while ensuring acute attention to detail and accuracy.
● Demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts and research data into compelling, accessible, and well-written reports and engaging presentations.
● Enthusiasm for learning new skills.
● Ability to work in our open, collaborative, and team-oriented culture.
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging, evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Work for ITHAKA
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences, and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the things that help us see new insights and build better solutions. Learn more about Working at ITHAKA: https://www.ithaka.org/careers/
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by law.
Interested candidates can submit their resume and a detailed cover letter explaining their interests and/or prior experiences that demonstrate a strong commitment to improving higher education. Only complete applications will be considered. You can apply through GC Connect; here are the instructions on how to do so: https://careerplan.commons.gc.cuny.edu/services/appointments