You may not be familiar with the Edward T. Rogowsky Internship Program in Government and Public Affairs, which offers students paid and unpaid opportunities to build skills and experience in the public sector. This program is actually based here at the Graduate Center; its director, Tony Maniscalco, is even a GC PhD alumnus. But, not a lot of GC students seem to know about it or apply. We would like to remedy that situation.
With that in mind, on Friday, September 19, from 2:00-4:00 p.m. in room C205, the Office of Career Planning and Professional Development will be hosting an information session on the program. The session will provide GC graduate students with information about the types of opportunities available, what types of roles and responsibilities graduate students might take on, and how to apply. Our panelists will include:
- Anthony J. Maniscalco, Director, Edward T. Rogowsky Internship Program in Government and Public Affairs
- Nicholas J. Parrella, Director of Student Programs, New York State Senate
- Janet Penksa, Visiting Associate Professor, Buffalo State College, and Director, Assembly Graduate Scholars Program
- Marcos Vigil, New York Deputy Secretary of State
- Marie Lily Cerat, Doctoral Student, Urban Education, Graduate Center and participant, New York State Assembly’s Graduate Scholars Program
Please sign up to attend by clicking here.