Registration is now open for the Summer 2022 sessions of the CUNY Online Teaching Essentials workshop. This summer we will offer two sessions:
- June OTE: May 31-June 20* (registration open through May 16)
- July OTE: July 19-Aug 15 (registration open through June 27)
*As June 20 is a holiday, participants will be offered the option to submit their work through June 21.
The 3-week Online Teaching Essentials Workshop focuses on best practices in online pedagogy and flexible use of online teaching resources in any modality, from fully asynchronous online to hybrid, flipped, and blended modalities. The major topics covered in the OTE are Understanding the Online Learning Environment, Inclusive Teaching, Backward Design & Effective Assessment, Online Presence & Engagement, and Communicating & Interacting Online. The workshop final project is a syllabus and course schedule for an upcoming online or hybrid course. Faculty can find more information on the Online Teaching Essentials Workshop site.
All faculty are welcome to participate, but those who have completed the OTE, the CUNY WGU workshop, or the CUNY Preparation for Teaching Online workshop since 2019 are not eligible for the stipend associated with certification in OTE.
Interested Faculty should complete this linked form: https://bit.ly/OTE_Summer2022.
- This form will require faculty to log into Office 365 using their CUNY credentials. A how-to guide (attached) has been included for those who need help accessing their Office 365 CUNY faculty accounts.
- Participants will enter their EMPLID and their department information.
- Registration for the June session will close on Monday, May 16.
- Registration for the July session will close on Monday, June 27.
- Please see the timeline tables below for more details.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.