Teach Reading Classes to Students of All Ages
Now Accepting Applications for Summer 2023
The Institute of Reading Development is now hiring summer teachers for their reading programs for students of all ages. In these programs they combine skills instruction with the experience of reading and discussing really good books. They help their students develop strong fluency and comprehension skills. Their mission is to inspire a lifelong love of reading.
This is a great opportunity to do challenging and meaningful work in a supportive environment. Teaching experience is valuable but not necessary, and they do not require teaching certification. They welcome your application, whether you are an upcoming or recent college grad, a graduate student, or a current teacher.
- Earn between $600-$700 per week.
- Receive comprehensive paid training and ongoing support.
- Gain over 250 hours of experience teaching their own classes to students from 4-year-olds to adults.
Schedule Details and Commitment:
- 10-week seasonal commitment: 3 weeks of paid training followed by 6-7 weeks of teaching.
- 37-40 hours per week.
- Schedules consist of five days of teaching per week, including both weekend days.
- Flexible start dates throughout May and June. Please see the application for more details.
- Entry-level position, with opportunities for continued employment with the Institute after the summer.
Successful Institute Teachers:
- Have strong reading skills and read fiction for pleasure.
- Are responsible and hard-working, with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Are comfortable and confident with technology.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Are active, patient, and supportive with students and parents.
They teach most of their students online and hire remote teachers throughout the country. In select metropolitan regions they also offer in-person classes on the campuses of their partner universities. Teaching schedules in these regions may include both online and in-person classes. To apply, click on the appropriate link below:
- Online Reading Teacher
- Atlanta, GA Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- Boston, MA Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- Charlotte, NC Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- Indianapolis, IN Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- New Brunswick, NJ Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- New York City, NY Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- Newark, NJ Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- Orlando, FL Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- Philadelphia, PA Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
- Richmond, VA Online and In-Person Reading Teacher
Learn more about The Institute of Reading Development and their reading programs at https://instituteofreadingdevelopmentteachingjobs.com/