The Chapin School (NYC) seeks academic leaders to join its inaugural Scholar-in-Residence program for the 2020-2021 school year. Through their lens of expertise, Scholars will provide professional development for faculty; co-teach one unit of study within Chapin’s Upper School English or History program; provide curriculum feedback and classroom observation; engage in a facilitated mentoring process with a small group of student interns; and provide one presentation in their area of expertise open to Chapin parents and alumni.The Scholar will be present online and/or in-person at Chapin for a maximum of 8 hours weekly from September 2020 through May 2021 as structured between the Scholar and appropriate department chairs. Through the duration of their tenure the Scholar will receive a $25,000 stipend for their work, dedicated physical workspace if on site, a laptop computer, and a Chapin email address.We seek Scholars currently associated with a higher ed program and with expertise in any of the following disciplines, in any combination:
- Black/African Diaspora History
- Black/African Diaspora Literature
- Black/African Diaspora Visual or Performing Art
- Black/African Diaspora Politics and Citizenship
- Black/African Diaspora Gender and SexualityPost-doctoral candidates of color, mid-doctoral candidates of color, and independent researchers of color are strongly encouraged to apply. This will be a fast-tracked appointment, with interviews beginning August 2020 and Scholars announced in early September 2020. The deadline for application is August 21. Please click here [chapin.recruiterbox.com] to apply.