The College Now Program at Bronx Community College is in need of instructors to teach the following First Year Seminars (FYS 11):
FYS 11: First Year Seminar—a GPA of 70+ required—no Regents Required 1 credit
This course is an introduction to college, where students will develop self-awareness, general education habits such as time management, planning for the future and communication skills. The course allows students for creative and critical thinking, understanding of current social topics, class debates, and assignments that explore different character traits and one’s college path.
- International School for Liberal Arts (Across from Lehman College): Monday from 3:30-5:30
- High School for Energy and Technology (2474 Crotona Ave, Bronx): Tuesday from 3:00-5:00
- NYC Charter School for Architecture, Engineering & Construction Industries (838 Brook Avenue, Bronx): Tuesday from 4:00-6:00
- West Bronx Academy for the Future (Across from Fordham University): Wednesday from 12:45-2:30
- New Visions Charter School for the Humanities II )JFK High School, Bronx): Wednesday from 2:00-4:00
- Fordham HS for the Arts (Across from Fordham University)Wednesday from 4:00-6:00
- Belmont Preparatory HS (Across from Fordham University)Tuesday from 4:00-6:00
There is a curriculum provided.
Each course carries a salary of $1,945 (30 hours) with an additional $600 allotted for training and three meetings throughout the semester. Interested parties should email me a CV immediately. Classes start September 16th and run until December 23rd.
Matthew J. Cotter, Ph.D
Director, College Now
Butler Hall 306
Bronx Community College
2155 University Ave
Bronx, NY 10453