Position Title: Program Manager (Exempt Employee)
The Council of Graduate Schools (CGS), an organization of nearly 500 universities, is seeking a Program Manager in its Best Practice and Research divisions. CGS Best Practice initiatives address common challenges in graduate education by supporting university innovations and sharing data and guidance with member universities. CGS Research projects provide member universities with data resources and analyses that offer strategic insights for evidence-based decisions. Reporting Reports to the Vice President for Best Practices and Strategic Initiatives
Serves as a program manager for various CGS Best Practices and Research projects, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assists in building and maintaining strong working relationships with key project stakeholders at member universities, including but not limited to graduate deans and institutional research staff.
- Monitors and documents progress on various projects, and keeps project teams on track with project objectives and deadlines.
- Develops and edits materials for the CGS website, publications, and reports to funders.
- Maintains detailed records documenting project results and impacts.
- Assists in the planning of workshops and webinars.
- Assists in the development of proposals for new projects.
- Manages various CGS member surveys, including but not limited to CGS/GRE Survey of Graduate Enrollment and Degrees, CGS International Graduate Admissions Survey, Summer Workshop and Annual Meeting Evaluations.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support for quarterly Research & Policy Forums and benchmarking services.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Position Requirements and Required Skills:
- Passion for higher education, particularly for master’s and doctoral education.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience is required. A master’s degree and/or PMP certification are strongly preferred, and may substitute for up to two years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize materials from different sources to create new documents and materials, such as reports, web copy and PowerPoints.
- Experience with project coordination and/or program management.
- Experience maintaining detailed and well-organized records.
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite applications, including Microsoft Excel, is required.
- Must be a highly motivated professional who can work with minimal supervision, and be able to work effectively and collegially in a team environment.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Experience and proficiency with InDesign software, SPSS, and/or Qualtrics will be considered a plus.
Additional Salary Information:
CGS offers excellent Fringe Benefits and compensation.
To apply for this position, please visit the link below:
For more than five decades, the Council of Graduate Schools (CGS) has been the national voice for the graduate dean community. CGS is the only national organization in the United States that is dedicated solely to the advancement of graduate education and research. CGS accomplishes its mission through advocacy in the policy arena, innovative research, and the development and dissemination of best practices. CGS also acts as a convening authority, organizing major events that bring together graduate deans and other stakeholders to discuss and take action on a broad range of issues affecting graduate education today.