Graduate Assistant, Public Interest Technology Career Fair, Career Planning and Professional Development
The CUNY Graduate Center is the recipient of a grant from the Public Interest Technology University Network (PIT-UN) to host a PIT Graduate Career Fair in the Fall of 2023. Funded by the New American Foundation, PIT-UN fosters collaboration between universities and colleges to build the field of public interest technology and nurture a new generation of civic-minded technologists.
The CUNY PIT Graduate Career Fair will be the centerpiece of coordinated outreach, planning, and training across 15 senior colleges with graduate degree programs, connecting them with employers in the NYC PIT sector, culminating in an interdisciplinary, one-day PIT event in October 2023. While open to all CUNY graduate students, the GC will coordinate its outreach with the School of Professional Studies, the Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy, Baruch’s Marx School of Public and International Affairs, and the Craig Newmark School for Journalism, as well as the College of Staten Island’s B.A. program in PIT. Funding from PIT-UN will enable development and strengthening of PIT employer relationships, student training, and recruitment to be extended beyond this period of performance through continued PIT career programming.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The part-time graduate assistant will coordinate pre-event activities and support efforts to onboard students and employers through Handshake. They will assist in developing PIT resources, such as an interest cluster with information about PIT and links to related employers. The graduate assistant will also support intra-institutional communications with the Office of Careers and Industry Partnerships and the NYC Mayor’s Office of Talent and Workforce Development Tech Talent Pipeline.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employers, stakeholders, fellow students, and with supervisors.
- Familiarity with the Handshake job and internship platform.
- Ability to make develop clear and engaging marketing materials for both web and print;
- Knowledge of diverse sources for finding information about potential employers to engage in the project;
- Ability to take direction and work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Currently completing a Ph.D. or a master’s degree in an appropriate field of study, or specialty, from an accredited institution, and at least (1) years of additional experience pertinent to the project.
Position Start Date: 5/1/23
Position End Date: 12/31/23
Pay Rate: 50/hr
Hours Per Bi-weekly Period: 11
Fringe Status: RF part time B
Total Hours: 185
Total Salary: $9,250.00
APPLY VIA HANDSHAKE:
Position number: 7830314 Graduate Assistant, Public Interest Technology Career Fair. You can find out how to access Handshake at this following link: Access Handshake – Career Planning and Professional Development (cuny.edu) The deadline to apply in Monday, May 15, 2023.