The Ph.D. Program in History

at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York

GC Events

August 18, 19, and 20- Video Production for Online Teaching (PublicsLab workshops)

Crash Course Workshop – 18 August 2020

This workshop will take a “crash course” approach to producing videos for online teaching when working with time constraints minimal video production equipment. In this short workshop we will focus on:

• Reviewing the most popular video formats (Where do I sit? Should I use text on screen? Should I use PowerPoint?)
  • The importance of camera angles (best placement for your laptop/phone for recording lectures)
  • Designing your background for video (Should I sit in front of a blank wall? Or, should I decorate my background?)
  • Top three things to prioritize

11:00 – 12:30 via Zoom

REGISTER

Community Feedback Sessions – 19 & 20 August 2020

During these community feedback sessions, Mike Mena will be providing constructive feedback on short 2-3 minute videos created by a handful of instructors/faculty. The goal is to provide a platform for the community to participate in these discussions in addition to Mike’s expert insights.

11:00 – 12:30 via Zoom

REGISTER

If you are interested in submitting a video for critique in a kind and supportive environment, please contact PublicsLab Director Stacy Hartman at shartman2@gc.cuny.edu.