GC IT is hiring part-time student employees
IT Aide Job Description
Information Technology (IT) provides and maintains a wide variety of voice, video and data systems to serve the Graduate Center community of students, faculty, staff and members of the public. GC students staffing the position of IT Aide assist with a wide variety of IT maintenance and operational matters, end-user support services and special projects and initiatives. The IT Aide must possess technical proficiency, a commitment to working as a member of a support team and dedication to customer service.
- Assist IT staff with hardware and software deployments as well as with the installation and configuration of various hardware and software systems.
- Service end-user equipment.
- Maintain supplies, tend storage facilities, manage stockpiles and provisions, assist with equipment salvage and disposal, aid inventorying activities.
- Assist end-users with a variety of IT-related issues
- Participate in technical audits and facility surveys.
- Create and/or test end-user documentation.
- Assist in investigating a variety of software and hardware.
- Conform to all established policies and procedures.
- Engage in professional growth and development activities.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to IT resources and services.
- Demonstrate professionalism and attitudes and behavior consistent with the mission and goals of IT.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Students must be enrolled full time in order to apply for this position. (For example Ph.D. students must be registered for 7 credits/WIUs and MA students must be registered for 12 or more credits.)
- Basic computer knowledge and/or experience; this could include familiarity with specific desktop hardware or hands-on experience with particular software, power user proficiencies, hands-on experience with technology or similar skills and talents.
- Experience working in a customer-oriented environment; commitment to customer service and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a project team;
- Good planning and organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills; proficiency with the English language.
- Reliability and dependability
Appointment and Compensation Notes
- Graduate Center students are employed as IT Aides by way of GC student employment appointments.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, such students may be assigned to work up to 20 hours per week, funds permitting, when classes are in session; during winter and summer, such students may be assigned to work up to 35 hours per week, funds permitting, when classes are not in session.
- Students can be appointed on either a semester basis or an annual basis; appointments can be renewed without restriction.
- Students will be accountable for a contracted number of hours of work; weekly timesheets will be required.
- Compensation is based on a fixed hourly rate. There are no associated benefits.
- Applications from students are solicited throughout the year as vacancies arise. Vacancies can be filled at any time.
Hourly Wage: $18.00/hour