The Ph.D. Program in History

at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York

GC Events

International Open Access Week

This week, October 19-25, is International Open Access Week, an annual opportunity for students, faculty, and other researchers to learn about open access (OA) to scholarly literature, find out how to make their works OA, and help make OA the new norm in scholarship and research. (Learn more about OA.)

During Open Access Week, you might hear about open access from many sources – your scholarly society, your favorite journals (even most subscription-based journals allow authors to make their own articles OA!), or your colleagues on Twitter (take a look at the #openaccess, #opendata, and/or #oaweek hashtags).

Once Open Access Week has whetted your appetite for OA (or even if Open Access Week passes you by), join the Graduate Center Library for workshops addressing two key aspects of OA: Does my publisher allow me to share my work (i.e., make it OA)? And if so, how and where am I allowed to share it?

Find out the answers to these and other questions at the following library workshops, each offered twice — click the links to learn more and RSVP:

Can’t make it?  Questions?  Get in touch!

Stephen Klein

http://libguides.gc.cuny.edu/prf.php?account_id=522

Digital Services Librarian

Room 2318

Graduate Center Library

CUNY Graduate Center

365 5th Avenue

New York, NY 10016-4309

sklein@gc.cuny.edu

212 817 7074